Aalto is the definitive source for luxury bespoke marble inlay the world over. Aalto’s signature designs take classical inspirations and update them to today’s aesthetic. Founder, Harri Aalto brings his fine art background to this decorative art field, fusing high design with the age-old art of architectural stone. Using our extensive archive of designs or a client’s reference as a starting point, we work with designers and architects, as well as homeowners to create inlays that enhance the luxury spaces they will occupy. Over the last three decades Aalto has honed their skill in creating the highest level of stone inlay. The company utilizes the latest technology in precision machinery, alongside the practiced skill of our artisans who build each design by hand — 100% in the USA.
Elevate your bathroom’s appearance with exquisite detail and timeless appeal. Aalto’s custom marble bathroom designs and inlays turn your bathroom floors, walls or shower into a genuine, one-of-a-kind work of art.
Marble is a timeless material that comes in several colors and styles. You can choose hardware and decor items that complement the marble’s beauty, like gold faucets and crystal chandeliers. Or, you can let the marble stand out as the room’s centerpiece.
At Aalto, we specialize in creating marble medallions, borders, accents and inlays that add charm and character to bathrooms. We’re passionate about making your space truly luxurious and unique. Each marble bathroom design is designed and created here in the U.S. at our Iowa workshop. You can design a bathroom that complements you, your home’s architecture and your lifestyle.
Learn more about our personalized marble bathroom design process below.
The Aalto Design Process
Our signature marble selections at Aalto create bathroom and spa designs that are genuine works of art. We let you take the lead in the design process, providing the knowledge and guidance necessary to bring your visions to life.
1. The Concept Planning Phase
The Aalto design process begins with a conversation between you and our artisans. In our first design consultation, we’ll learn your favorite colors, styles and architectural tastes. We then consider how to instill these preferences into your bathroom’s existing architecture and marble designs.
Every marble design is custom-made to fit your bathroom’s sizing specifications. We craft intricate waterjet-cut marble designs for shower inlays, borders, walls and other features that complement any bathroom architecture.
2. The Sketching Phase
After our first conversation, Aalto begins sketching a design concept using your preferences, references and ideas. We determine the density and scaling of the design flourishes versus the field area and create a prospective budget.
3. The Rendering Phase
Our designers will then present you with detailed color renderings for your marble design concept, whether it’s for your shower or spa, floor or another marble feature. We use advanced computer technology and established designers to blend history and innovation into your marble bathroom design.
4. The Manufacturing Phase
After you approve our renderings, we manufacture your custom design. The same designer who draws the rendering draws the programmed lines that run the waterjet machine to cut the marble pieces, ensuring the concept is exactly replicated in the final inlay.
Choose Aalto for Custom Marble Bathroom Designs
Our collection of signature medallions, borders and accents is custom designed. Each design is a bespoke artwork that converts your bathroom into a relaxing shower and spa retreat.
1. Created to Be Original
We design marble bathroom accents in the colors and stones that complement your tastes and your bathroom’s architecture. Our stunning, custom marble bathroom designs are truly one-of-a-kind.
2. Customized by You
We get to know you and your aesthetic and design preferences before designing your dream marble bathroom. We work directly with you to design bathroom motifs and inlays that fit your lifestyle and preferences.
3. With Tasteful Origins
Our designs take inspiration from crests, classical arches and coats of arms to give your home a timeless classical touch. Our Aalto Classic Medallions take inspiration from Classical Greek and Roman architecture and incorporate flora, fauna, scrolls and nautical designs that are perfect for adorning your bathroom.
Custom Marble Bathroom Ideas to Create a Spa-Like Oasis
A decorative and functional marble can change your bathroom’s appearance. Transform your bathroom into a relaxing marble oasis by updating these features and considering new shower inlay ideas:
- Showers: Marble bathroom showers are durable and easy to clean. Marble shower inlays suit any bathroom’s style while adding a unique touch with a custom design.
- Floors: Walking across a professionally crafted, smooth marble surface is a luxury that lasts for generations. Marble tile is the ideal material for a water-resistant floor.
- Borders: Even minute marble details transform bathrooms into spa-like oases. Marble comes in many colors and perfectly complements other colors and materials. You can combine a border with custom shower inlays for a uniform appearance.
- Walls: Marble walls are elegant and moisture-resistant, making them a good choice for a bathroom or spa. Marble shower walls create an inviting, relaxing place to unwind after a long day.
- Vanities: A marble vanity or countertop is classical and stylish, providing a durable and beautiful addition to bathrooms and powder rooms.
- Sinks: Marble sinks make timeless, lasting additions to bathrooms. They create admirable, eye-catching statement pieces and focal points, especially when paired with complementary hardware.
Custom Marble Bathroom Color Selections
Designing the perfect marble bathroom or spa begins by selecting your desired color scheme. At Aalto, we offer an array of marble colors to suit any aesthetic preference. Here are some color categories for you to consider:
- White and cream: Soft hues like marbled white and cream create a classic bathroom style. These tile colors pair with cool or warm tones and always look serene.
- Gold: Gold tones add a rich expression to your marble tile and have the potential to match various color schemes. Gold pairs flawlessly with white, black and beige accents.
- Rose: Red and orange tones are vibrant and invigorating but are soft enough to pair with any decor. Rose-tone marble is soft and subdued but also comes in more daring shades for the adventurous.
- Green: Green marble has an ocean feel and offers a unique appearance without being overly vibrant. Its soothing color reminds you of the outdoors and provides a relaxing space.
- Blue: A light blue looks similar to white or cream, whereas a dark or bright blue can accent a similar color scheme. Blue is a calming color and, like green, brings in a peaceful hint of the outdoors.
- Gray: Grays can be neutral or complementary. Some grays have a touch of color, like Salome with its hazel aesthetic and flecks of brown among the cracked gray-green. Other tones blend with any combination of other colors.
- Brown and black: These tones create a sleek aesthetic with just about any style — masculine or feminine — and go well with whites or golds. A dark background is universally stylish.
Bring Timeless Beauty Into Your Home With Aalto
At Aalto Marble Inlay, we’ve been designing and crafting waterjet-cut marble shower designs since 1988. We’ve pioneered and innovated the process in America and currently offer the only classical marble inlay design collections made 100% in the USA. Embellish your bathroom with marble inlay shower and spa designs by contacting us about pricing and estimates today.